RFNow is currently seeking individuals to join our team as an IT ADMINISTRATOR. If you seek an opportunity to use your computer and networking skills in a dynamic environment with leading edge technologies, then this may be the job for you. The ideal candidate would possess experience with IP Networks and Microsoft Client, Server & networking technologies in addition to being a natural problem solver with the ability to work in challenging environments and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs and configures Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers, legacy Linux, Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, and SQL Server.
- Assumes a primary role in the testing of new equipment.
- Troubleshoots OS issues. Independently utilizes all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues.
- Develops operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
- Follows operating procedures and utilizes established support tools for analysis and reporting requirements.
- Executes a planned program of virus updates, patch and service pack management, including testing, deployment staging, and documentation. Install, maintain and manages other servers for automated updates.
- Performs regular system maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning.
- Interfaces with Network Engineers, Database Administrators, and Application Teams to optimize systems use and configuration.
- Actively participates in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects assigned to Windows server team.
- Provides technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required.
- Provides server hardware capacity recommendations.
- Provides installation support for new applications and software releases.
- Interfaces with hardware vendors to maintain and schedule repair of equipment in a timely manner and /or provide hardware repair and maintenance as required.
- Provide on-call 24 x 7 support on a rotating basis.
- Ensure/implement the rigorous application of Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Systems, Applications and/or Services (Hardware & Software).
- Creates and implements system security controls as required. Reviews Windows Server Security Technical Implementation Guides and Checklists for guidance. Performs other related duties as assigned.
5+ years’ experience in a majority of the following:
- Large scale Windows Server Administration supporting a variety of business applications (monitoring, tuning, backup/recovery, configuration, documentation)
- Virtualization with VMWare ESXi with Virtual Center, HyperV or other Linux hypervisor
- Networking services for Directory, DNS, DHCP for devices and users in a multi-office WAN.
- Active Directory implementation, including protocols for certificate/smartcard revocation
- Windows server implementation and configuration (O/S load, patch updates, application load and configuration)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Data Protection Manager
- Supporting a variety of application within the Windows server environment (business applications, databases, web services, messaging, monitoring tools, etc.)
Salary range - $65,000 - $90,000
If interested, please contact RFNow Inc. for more information and/or forward resumes detailing your qualifications to email@example.com