Enriching lives and communities by helping financial dreams come true.
- A trusted partner and community leader
- An engaged employer creating a community at work
- Financially strong, sustainable and globally connected.
We Value and Embrace:
- Commitment to people
- Innovative thinking and change
- Learning and knowledge
- Honest, open and shared communication
- Solutions delivered with excellence
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Manager Finance & Accounting, this position is accountable for the corporate administration functions, including the accurate preparation, maintenance and generation of management financial reports, schedules and the ongoing review for irregularities. Additional duties include maintenance of the general ledger and preparing reports for third party software providers, with an emphasis on financial reporting.
Branch support will include advisory services and resources to branch staff and managers in areas of banking system transactions, service contracts and reconciling or assisting in the reconciliation of ledgers and exceptions reports generated by the banking system or suppliers. Back office branch support will include resolving non-routine questions and inquiries, maintenance and analysis of banking system reporting, foreign exchange analysis, and preparation of reports to support management.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and able to apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help maximize the efficiencies of department resources.
The position incumbent will contribute to the overall success of Westoba by providing a high level of service consistent with “The Winning Play for Sales and Service Partners” to all our internal and external members or customers.
Position Requirements and Specifications
Learning and Development
- Credit Union sales and service, products & services, policies and procedures.
- Understanding of credit union philosophy and principles, mission, vision and values statement and organization direction.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree/diploma in accounting, finance, accounting, economics, computer science or related field required.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons or facts.
- Organization and time management. Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Keyboarding, computer software – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Great Plains, ProfitStar.
- Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization. Both verbal and written.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivation and initiative.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, etc.).
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Strong organization, time management and task priority.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Understanding of enterprise resource planning software.
- Budgeting and economic simulation software.
- Building reports and learning new software.
Work conditions/Physical Requirements
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a growing organization and a highly effective team. Please visit the link below to apply with your current resume.
Please DO NOT apply via eBrandon. If this role is not right for you, referrals are always welcome. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.