Landscape Installation Forman
Summary: We are looking for hardworking, dependable, team oriented individuals to join our Landscape Installation team. The Landscape Installation Forman will be required to carry out specific job tasks using a variety of tools and equipment in our professional and outdoor environment. They are responsible for overseeing all on-site aspects of landscape construction projects. Steel toed shoes or boots are required. Wage dependent on experience. This is a full time seasonal position that may lead into a year round position for the right candidate.
· Manage and operate the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
· Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
· Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
· Maintain all equipment & vehicles
· Installation of hardscape products such as paving stone, retaining walls, water features etc.
· Installation of softscape products such as trees, soils, shrubs and sod.
· Complete and submit all required accurate paperwork on a daily basis, including: daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials etc.
· Operate various tools and equipment, including: skid steer, chainsaws, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, quick saws etc.
· Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
· Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
· 10 hour days Monday through Friday with occasional weekend hours required due to weather.
· Desire and initiative to grow within your position and the Alternative Team.
· Must be able to read, write and understand English
· Must be able to follow oral and written directions
· Minimum 3 years landscaping experience
· Experience in installation of paving stone, retaining wall products, tree planting, sod install
· Mechanically Inclined
· Physically able to lift approx. 40 lbs.
· Able to work outside in all types of weather
· Must have a valid Class 3 Drivers’ License
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Working knowledge and proper care of power tools such as quick saws, chain saws, packers etc.
· Skid steer and small equipment experience/certificate
· Attention to detail
· Ability to handle physically strenuous and challenging work
· Good Leadership skills
· Time management skills
· Previous Experience working as a team
· Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
If you feel you would be an asset to our team, please check out our website for more information at www.alternativelandscapingltd.com.
NO PHONE CALLS
Please submit your resume with cover letter explaining why we should consider you for our team by: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In person: 34th & Patricia Ave., Brandon MB R7B 3Y2
Fax: 204 727-7531