Class 1 Driver & Class 3 Driver (Mandatory Class 1 or Class 3 License with End Dump Experience)
We are looking for hardworking, dependable, team orientated individuals to join our Alternative Excavation Team. Heavy Class 1 Driver will be responsible for driving and operating a variety of trucks/equipment to complete a variety of job tasks. Steel toed shoes or boots are required. Wage dependent on experience. This is a full time/part time seasonal job that may lead into a year round position for the right candidate.
- Drive and operate a variety of trucks/equipment to complete of job tasks to assist with Excavation and Landscape construction projects.
- Manage safety, quality, and productivity of work at site and/or shop/yard
- Carry out daily pre-trip adn post-trip vehicle inspections
- Secure special attachmensts to equipment
- Complete driver' log books on a dily basis and ensure logs are handed in at the end of each week.
- Transport materials to and from the jobsite, including loading and unloading
- Using proper tie-down procedures, secure materials to be transported to ensure the safety and security of the load.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, adn in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Maintain all equiment & vehicles
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including: equipment inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials, etc.
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailer, equipment
- 10 hour days Monday through Friday with occasional weekend work due to weather
- Desire and initiative to grow within your position and the Alternaitve Team
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- Must be able to follow written and oral directions
- Minimum 3-5 years experience
- Valid Manitoba Class 1 License or Class 3 License
- WHYMIS, COR, forklift, bob cat Training
- Safe driving record - able to submit a driving abstract
- Mechanically Inclined
- Able to work in all type of weather
- Physically lift approx. 40 lbs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle physically strenuous and challenging work
- Good leadership skills
- Knowledge of Skid Steers, Tractors, Front end Loaders, and mini excavators
- Time Management Skills
- Previous experience working as a team
If you feel you would be an asset to our team, please check out our website for more information at www.alternativelandscapingltd.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please submit your resume with cover letter explaining why you would make a good asset to our team by:
In person: to our location at 34th Street & Patricia Ave, Brandon MB, R7A 5Y1