LEGAL ASSISTANT - Term
Meighen Haddad LLP is recruiting for an experienced Legal Assistant in our Souris office for a full time term position. Anticipated term duration is from May 23, 2017 to July 6, 2018.
· Accurately compose and prepare legal documents as dictated
· Effectively and professionally greet and communicate with clients
· Take and transcribe notes and dictation
· Arrange appointments and meetings
· Establish and maintain files/matters
· Prepare and deliver daily deposit
· Manage incoming and outgoing couriers, deliveries, mail and client information
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office software
· Experience in a fast-paced professional environment
· Able to work with minimal supervision
· Recognized Legal Assistant training or equivalent experience and education would be an asset, especially experience in the practice areas of real estate, wills and estate administration and corporate law
A satisfactory Criminal Records Check will be required.
Meighen Haddad LLP is the largest full service law firm in Southwestern Manitoba. We offer competitive salaries and benefits in a progressive working environment.
Deadline for applications is April 7th. Please submit resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Meighen Haddad LLP
110 – 11th Street
Brandon, MB R7A 4J4
Attention: Human Resources Manager
We thank all those who apply, however, only those considered for interviews will be contacted