Water Treatment Plant Operator
*More than one (1) position may be filled*
To participate as part of a working team that operates a variety of equipment and machinery and performs the tasks required for the safe and efficient operations of the City’s water treatment operations. Assists the Water Treatment Operators with operating the equipment that processes water to acceptable standards. Works towards achieving the certifications, qualifications and experience required to perform the tasks of the Level 5 at the Water Treatment Plant.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
· Must hold and maintain a Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence;
· A Class 4 Operator’s Certificate in Water Treatment Plants as issued by the Province of Manitoba or recognized equivalent;
· A Class 5 Power Engineering Certificate within twenty-four (24) months of appointment;
· A Class 4 Power Engineering Certificate within forty-two (42) months of appointment, and;
· Any additional certification required under Provincial guidelines and legislation.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Two (2) years’ post-secondary education in a related field preferred;
· Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the Water Treatment Facility or similar operations.
NOTE: The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Please apply with a resume on-line at: www.brandon.ca/employment
Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 7, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Posting Date: March 17, 2017
First consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include physical testing, written testing and an interview.
Rate of Pay:
$21.92 – 31.03 per hour - 2016 rates.
Position Conditions: This permanent, full-time opportunity (40 hours per week) includes evening & weekend shifts. This position is posted and will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
For complete position details see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon thanks all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community.