||Employment Service Advisor
||Samarian House Employment Resource Centre (View all ads from seller)
||Click here to show number in this space
||Use form below to e-mail
Samaritan House Ministries Inc. is recruiting for Employment Service Advisor
(1 Part-time position: 14hrs)
Purpose of Position: The Employment Services Advisor/Receptionist will provide front-end service to assist the region’s unemployed prepare for, find and keep jobs. This position is a vital component to the Samaritan House Employment Resource Centre as it provides the initial phase to gather information from clients, determine employment needs and develop a return-to work action plan.
- Greet public and provide initial introduction to office resources, job boards, etc.
- Gather information such as client intake data, privacy notices and consent
- Gather data on client employability
- Determine client’s needs
- Follow up with clients
- Make referrals to Employment Officers
- Maintain and update job boards
- Liaise between employers and clients
- Maintain job order database
- Refer clients to in- house resources
- Guide clients through job search processes
- Maintain self-help information and resource center
- Administration duties as directed by the Executive Director and Project Manager
- Two years’ experience in administration, social service fields or an equivalent mix of experience and education in the provision of public and social services
- Demonstrated competence and/or training and experience in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Access or other database management, internet use)
- Proven ability to use effective interpersonal communication and listening skills for effective information gathering, summarizing, preparing feedback and closure
- Experience with a variety of social service agencies
- Demonstrated excellence in attention to detail, organization skills, effective time management, interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to adapt to change effectively and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work-load and client case load
- Experience in third party contracts
- Working knowledge of Training and Employment Services programs and service
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Samaritan House Ministries’ mandate, programs and services, as well as other community support services.
- Knowledge of counselling methods and skills
Responsible to the Executive Director – Samaritan House Ministries Inc. and Project Manager – Samaritan House Employment Resource Centre.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Only those who are selected to interview will be contacted. Closing date is March 24, 2017 at 4:00 pm.
Funding Provided by:
The Government of Canada
The Manitoba Government
||3/20/2017 2:33:47 PM