Engineering & Water Resources
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Infrastructure, the Transportation Technologist is responsible for developing standards and specifications for the City’s transportation network, reviewing transportation aspects of land development proposals and other assigned files, and ensuring that transportation improvements in the City of Brandon are constructed in accordance with the City’s municipal standards, by-laws, guidelines, legislation and regulations.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Must possess a valid and subsisting Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence;
· Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
· Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma or a similar combination of education and experience;
· Membership in or the ability to acquire membership in the Certified Technicians and Technologists Association of Manitoba (CTTAM);
· Minimum (2) years’ experience working in an engineering environment and performing contract administration duties, or a combination of such experience;
· Any additional certification required under Provincial guidelines and legislation.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· University graduate in Civil Engineering;
· Membership in or ability to acquire membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists in the Province of Manitoba (APEGM);
· Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of the Province of Manitoba (APEGM) member with 2 years responsible experience; eligible APEGM member with 5 years responsible experience.
Competition # 1700319
Post Date: April 19, 2017
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on May 3, 2017.
This is a permanent full-time position (36.25 hours per week), and is not included in a Collective Agreement and is open to all applicants.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.