GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC’s operations have been producing agricultural fertilizer products since 1967. We synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 270 dedicated team members. At KFCU, our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
A subsidiary of Koch Industries Inc., one of the world’s largest private companies, Koch Fertilizer’s global operations leverage Market-Based Management® to create long-term value for customers and society. By focusing on long-term value creation, we promote a challenging and rewarding environment for our professional and highly respected employees.
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the Accounting team to contribute to the organization’s value creation capabilities. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
· Supervise the Accounts Payable team, which will include identifying and implementing process improvements, increasing efficiencies, and enhancing the AP internal control and reconciliation process with corporate Accounts Payable
· Work with the corporate team to improve on-site contractor labour reporting and payment systems
· Actively participate in developing maintenance shutdown spending controls, which will include participating in the budget development process, monitoring, and reporting daily progress, and managing shutdown close out
· Ensure spending is consistent with site and corporate accounting principles
· Support the Procurement team in data mining, analysis, and recommendations for successful negotiations with vendors and contractors
· Proactively seek ways to optimize the cost reporting structure and alignment of various independent reporting systems, working with site and corporate resources
· Facilitate the development of comprehensive reports for the site, which will include mass and utility balancing
· Ensure a solid internal control framework is in place by collaborating with site operations, maintenance, procurement, and warehouse teams
· Prepare monthly cost reports for leadership including budget vs. actual prior period trends, and highlight key variances and impacts on future performance
· Work with cost center owners to revise spending forecasts, incorporating spending and production forecast changes
· Ensure production, utilization and reliability metrics reporting adequately reflects actual site performance
· Challenge spending as funds are committed where necessary via purchase requisition and purchase order reviews
· Support tax and other audit requests
· Develop detail reporting of key bet tracking as support for consolidated bet tracking
· Manage all associated data mining and analytics associated with preparing a cohesive story to facilitate the above
The successful candidate must have a passion for the industry and will report to the Procurement and Accounting Leader.
The qualifications you have include:
· At least four (4) years of accounting experience, preferably in a continuous manufacturing setting
· At least three (3) years of supervisory experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited post-secondary institution
· Operations, cost accounting, and CMMS experience (preferably Maximo) is considered an asset
· Strong analytical, critical, economic thinking, problem solving and customer service skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Intermediate to advance Excel skills, including Macro Statements is preferred
· Demonstrated initiative, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Proven organization and time management skills; detail-oriented; high level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
· Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
· Availability for flexible hours based on job requirements
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
Up to 5% travel, including air
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC Offers a full extended benefits package including health and dental coverage, pension, and subsidized investment options, as well as nationally-competitive wages and performance-based bonuses in an environment that is committed to success! Relocation assistance may be available.
If you are ready to step into an exciting position with Koch Fertilizer Canada, please apply online at:
Want to learn more about KAES?
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.