- 3 cups whole wheat extra wide pasta
- 12 spears asparagus
- 1/2 chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1.5 cups fresh mushrooms, pieces or slices
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium tomato
Pinch of pepper, red or cayenne
Cook pasta as directed on package.
While pasta is cooking, cut chicken into bite sized pieces and place in skillet with olive oil. Cook until chicken is partially done.
Add in asparagus and mushrooms, and continue cooking until chicken is done.
Add in chicken broth, cover and cook until asparagus is crisp.
Add pasta, red pepper flakes, and feta cheese. Remove from heat, and serve with fresh sliced tomatoes as a garnish.
Estimated preparation time: 15-30 minutes
Did a few minor changes (different cheese & no red pepper) VERY good!!
Posted 1/13/2013 7:49:14 PM