Maker's Space Coordinator
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for service to their community!
The BNRC promotes a vibrant, healthy, sustainable community neighbourhood of empowered stakeholders, successful community projects and partnering organizations.
Position Summary: MAKER'S SPACE COORDINATOR
The BNRC is currently developing a Maker’s Space in the heart of downtown. The Space will be a community workshop, offering space for artists, wood workshop, bike repair shop, sewing room and more.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Maker’s Space Coordinator is responsible for final design and set up of the Maker’s Space as well as initial programming and community awareness. The Maker’s Space Coordinator will also develop a plan for future use and strive to ensure that programming is self-sustaining where possible.
1. Set-up and development of functional Maker’s Space including sourcing equipment
2. Develop appropriate programing for Space and a plan for sustainability
3. Market Maker’s Space to community
4. Administer use of Maker Space
5. Other duties as assigned
Training and Education:
- Post Secondary education in related field (business, sociology, community planning etc.); and
- 2 years’ experience in non-profit program delivery (preferred);
- Experience with proposal development, grant writing or business plan development;
- Strong commitment to community development;
- or, equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
· Strong project management and “big picture thinking” skills
· Creativity, resourcefulness, and drive to take initiative
· Strong writing and oral communications skills
· Ability to work independently
Salary and Term:
The Maker Space Coordinator is a full-time term position for $20/hour until March 31st, 2019. With possibility of conversion to a permanent position.
Closing Date: November 20th, 2018
Anticipated Start Date: December 3rd, 2018
E Mail: email@example.com
Mail To: BNRC, 410-9th Street (City Hall - Main Floor) Brandon, MB R7A 6A2
For more Information call BNRC at (204) 729-2495 or visit our web at site www.bnrc.ca
Please ensure your cover letter and resume clearly indicates how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation
Posted Tuesday, November 13, 10:52 AM
Expires in 1 day (Friday, December 14)