Keystone Centre, Brandon MB.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Sous Chef for our Keystone Centre location! If you have a passion for hospitality and love the rush of working big time events, this is the position for you!
The Keystone Centre strives to be the premier service oriented, multi-functional, community minded facility in Manitoba, hosting sporting and entertainment events, fairs and agricultural exhibitions and conferences.
- Provide a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Verify that all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Train kitchen personnel in food production principles and practices.
- Create competitive quality products.
- Produce high quality and aesthetically pleasing products. Ensure consistent quality of products.
- Monitor production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods.
- Assist in menu pricing and preparation.
- Estimate food consumption for events and request necessary food products for events.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques.
- Inspect supplies, equipment and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Train, coach, counsel, and resolve problems amongst all Culinary Staff
- Perform specialty projects as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Implement and enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and/or dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Minimum of 3 years in a food preparation position.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program.
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds in weight (pots, pans, etc.). Must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment. Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
All resumes can be sent to Rob Williams – General Manager, Centerplate (Keystone Centre) at Rob.Williams@Centerplate.com and Attyah Jansen – HR Manager at Attyah.email@example.com
Posted Tuesday, November 13, 1:53 PM
Expires in 1 day (Friday, December 14)