RF/Wireless Technician - RFNOW Inc.
RFNow is currently seeking individuals to join our team as an RF/Wireless Technician. If you seek an opportunity to use your computer and networking skills in a dynamic environment with leading edge technologies, then this may be the job for you. The ideal candidate would possess experience with the installation and testing of wireless networking technologies in addition to being a natural problem solver with the ability to work in challenging environments and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts outdoor and indoor wireless networking signal strength, path, and facility surveys using signal test equipment and software.
• Reviews installation specifications, building owner requirements, signal sources (cellular or other antennas, WiFi or other wireless access points, and tower locations), manufacturer's instructions, cable and power limitations, and government ordinances to determine and evaluate installation sites.
• Cables, assembles, installs, configures, and commissions a variety of radio and related equipment
• Climbs towers, ladders or operates lift equipment to install when area is inaccessible from ground. Orients antenna(s) to direction of cellular antenna.
• Performs signal strength test and quality tests, per guidelines.
• Evaluates indoor signal coverage requirements and installs coverage units and access points in appropriate locations.
• Coordinates customer contact, access to customer premises, and customer test and acceptance on small and medium jobs.
• Tests installed system for conformance to specifications and evaluates reception.
• Instructs customer in use of equipment, and replaces or repairs defective parts.
• Ensures that documentation is effectively completed and submitted, as appropriate.
• Accurately maintains vehicle and installation or service parts inventory. Keeps workplace clean and organized. Submits all reports in a timely fashion
• Ensures that the highest quality of service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction.
• Regularly takes time and attends regular formal or informal training to maintain and upgrade knowledge, skill, and performance levels.
• Adheres strictly to safety guidelines and requirements;
• Other duties as needed and as directed
Experience and Requirements:
The job requires integrity, positive attitude, interaction, energy, education, organization, and both intelligence and manual skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Associates degree in electronics or computer science required, or related experience.
Qualified candidates will possess strong verbal, written, and numerical communication skills, and strong capabilities on personal computers, test equipment and software applications. Willing and able to climb telecommunications towers and to work on rooftops or buildings several hundred feet above ground. Must be willing and able to work in moderately confined spaces. Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record. Must be willing to work flexible hours and travel regularly. Will be required to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. Must work
safely and foster safe teamwork. The employee and team are regularly exposed to rooftops, tower locations, and other high, precarious places, and to controllable risk of electrical shock and RF exposure.
If interested, please contact RFNow Inc. for more information and/or forward resumes detailing your qualifications to email@example.com .
Posted Thursday, November 15, 9:17 AM
Expires in 2 days (Sunday, December 16)