Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
part-time (up to 31.75 hours/week), minimum 2-year term
Reports to: Business Manager
Purpose: To assist the Business Manager with human resource related functions including basic payroll and safety assistance. This position is a part-time position for the winter months with the potential to become full-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment Assistance: The successful Candidate must be able to manage the recruitment function including job posting, resume screening, scheduling & conduction of interviews, perform reference checks, prepare employment offers and propose wages. The successful candidate will be held responsible to adhere to all HR recruitment laws and regulations and be trusted with selecting great employees to join the team.
Payroll Assistance: The successful candidate will be expected to assist the Business Manager with the bi-weekly payroll process. This process includes collecting and reconciling daily log sheets, amending clock-in errors and managing the premium and paperwork charts.
Other HR/Operational duties: The successful candidate will be capable of, and exptected to, create company HR policies and procedures, assist in the disciplinary process, make recommendations for proper HR courses of action, manage the company HRIS, assist with safety administration, assist with the annual review process and other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge and understanding of Human Resource policies and procedures
· Strong organizational skills
· Self-motivated individual with ability to work unsupervised
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to manage a diverse workload
· Strong ability to communicate
· Ability to follow through on implementation of ideas and see projects to completion
Education and/ or Experience:
· Diploma or degree in Human Resources; an asset
· 2 years' experience in an HR Administrative role; an asset
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, word, excel, publisher)
· Experience with policy and procedure
· Understanding of the construction/landscaping industry; an asset
If you are interested in applying for the position of Human Resource Assistant with Livingstone Landscaping please submit your resume, cover letter and completed application form to email@example.com or drop off in person to 370 Park Ave East.
Posted Thursday, November 22, 12:45 PM
Expires in 10 days (Sunday, December 23)