MANAGER OF OPERATIONS, SAMARITAN HOUSE MINISTRIES, 0.5 TERM
Samaritan House Ministries Inc. is a dynamic organization which provides adult training and education, employment services, emergency shelter, counselling programs and is Manitoba’s 2nd largest Food Bank. The organization is seeking an equally dynamic individual to work alongside the Executive Director to provide leadership and ensure the ongoing flexibility and impact of the organization.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Operations is a key leader who will collaborate in all matters of day to day business including human resource management, supply chain logistics, fundraising and event programs and other operational business. The ideal candidate should be well-rounded, with a minimum of an undergraduate degree in business or a social science and experience leading people in collaborative ways.
- Key member of the Management Team with overall responsibility for operations of the Food Bank and Resource Centre.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to provide support and leadership to all programs within Samaritan House Ministries.
- Available to support other staff in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Shared responsibility for directing building, land and equipment management and maintenance for all Samaritan House Ministries sites.
- Shared responsibility for donated food and item supply chain logistics and inventory control.
- Collaborate to ensure health and safety standards are developed and compliant with legislated requirements.
- Screen prospective volunteers and collaborate with volunteer coordinator to conduct volunteer onboarding and retention.
- General human resource tasks including recruitment and retention, conducting interviews, coaching and performance management.
- Shared responsibility for planning and implementing events.
- Assist the Executive Director in completing grant applications or proposals.
- Assist the Executive Director in procuring and retaining new donors and maintaining relationships with existing donors.
- Assist the Executive Director in the procurement and stewardship of major gift donors.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports encompassing all areas of responsibility as requested by Executive Director.
- Assist the Executive Director in the implementation of policy and protocol.
- Manage marketing and social media functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business or social sciences. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit environment ideal.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Experience with computer systems and software (i.e. Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Supervisory experience is a must
- Willingness to participate in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training and other training as required.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
20 hour work week, term until March 31st 2019. Position requires some evenings and weekends. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available.
Please email resume & cover letter to: Executive Director, Samaritan House Ministries Inc. Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday December 10th at 4:00pm. We thank all those who apply, but only those considered for position will be contacted.
Samaritan House Ministries Inc.
Posted Monday, December 03, 8:33 AM
Expires in 18 days (Thursday, January 03, 2019)