A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Project Engineer – Brandon Manitoba
Maple Leaf Foods in Brandon, Manitoba is presently seeking a Project Engineer to join our team at our state-of-the-art facility. This position requires an individual with extensive experience in project management with the ability to multi-task to complete medium to large sized projects simultaneously.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Develop and manage (Capital) project plans, operations, budgets and schedules (annual and multi-year)
- Provide engineering support for the operations group
- Assist senior management in developing and justifying capital expenditure requests
- Investigate practical, cost-effective and innovative plant improvement solutions
- Utilize and incorporate Six Sigma and other project management tools, methodology and principles
- Negotiate contracts and supervise equipment vendors, service providers and contractors
- Actively participate in company initiatives; e.g. Innovation, Share groups, MyMLF, Energy Efficiency
- Travel as required
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Must have P.Eng license, or willing to obtain
- Five years’ experience as an engineer or Mechanical/Electrical Technologist, or 10 plus years of equivalent project experience
- Proven track record of handling multiple medium to large sized projects
- Team player with effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning abilities combined with practical business sense
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Project Management software)
- Working knowledge of industry codes and regulations e.g. OH&S, WHMIS, HACCP
- Knowledge and experience with Food industry would be an asset
- Fluency in the English language
How to apply
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please send us your resume, cover letter and required certificates by applying to: https://www.mapleleafcareers.com/
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible
Maple Leaf Consumer Foods
Posted Monday, December 03, 12:25 PM
Expires in 21 days (Thursday, January 03, 2019)