The Brandon School Division is currently accepting applications for an Accounting Clerk. This is a PERMANENT position on the basis of 7.00 hours per day, Monday to Friday, 12 months per year, to commence January 7, 2019, or as soon as possible.
Purpose of Position
Under the general supervision of the Accountant performs accounting functions such as purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliations, and data compilation within the Secretary-Treasurer’s Department. Provide support to staff with in house computer accounting programs, including training and ongoing troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities
Are established by the Assistant Secretary-Treasurer within the parameters of the job profile.
- Two-year Business Administration Diploma with an Accounting major from Community College or University.
- Minimum two years related experience in computerized accounting environment along with on the job training in computer accounting systems.
- A strong secretarial skill set, including: word processing, photocopying, data input, reception, faxing, emailing, customer service skills, and verified keyboarding skills of 40 wpm.
- Working knowledge of computers, related business applications, accounting procedures and financial accounting software packages.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information in the workplace.
- The ability to work independently and cooperatively as an effective member of a team.
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
For more information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.bsd.ca.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon, Thursday, December 13, 2018.
Brandon School Division
Posted Thursday, December 06, 11:47 AM
Expires in 22 days (Sunday, January 06, 2019)