Executive Assistant to the CEO
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
What you’ll be doing:
• Coordinates the President/ CEOs calendar, logistical requirements for on-site and off-site meetings and organizes travel itineraries, accommodation and event registration arrangements. Prepares and submits expense reports through collating receipts, entering expense reports upon receipt.
• Prepare correspondence and presentation materials for executive use as well as general and administrative support including: make edits to and format documents, photocopying, maintaining an electronic filing system, mail sorting, telephone screening and drafting responses to semi-routine inquiries.
• Works closely with the Executive Team to support regular quarterly management reporting for board, ensuring meeting materials are gathered, edited, formatted and distributed in time and error-free.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters efficiently, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Exercise discretion in handling confidential information; and interact effectively with all levels of management, other departments, internal and external customers using tact and subtlety in all dealings.
• Anticipate issues and take appropriate action to ensure the most effective use of the President/ CEO’s time; advise of upcoming priorities on a timely basis.
• Acts as the primary administrative support resource for the Board and its committees, supporting agenda creation, meeting material distribution and minute taking, as well as other ad hoc support/administrative activities as required.
• Involved in preparation, submission and management of the annual budgets for the Board and President/ CEO’s Office. This includes processing various expenses and invoices payments.
• Organizes various corporate events, such as, Annual General Meeting, Year End Celebration, Seasonal Celebrations and various staff recognition events and giveaways.
What you’ll bring:
• A minimum of five (5) years of related work experience in providing administrative and/or secretarial support to senior management and post-secondary certificate in Office Management, Office Administration, Business Administration or a related program with OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and OneDrive.
• A results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, takes accountability for their work while adhering to deadlines and can make decisions by exercising sound judgment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to manage changing and competing priorities while being proactive in anticipating needs.
• Demonstrated business professionalism, proven ability to handle confidential information and appropriate handling of sensitive information.
• High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-up is required.
• Highly innovative and creative thinker with the ability to resolve complex issues.
• Flexibility to be available outside of normal work hours to provide support on urgent matters or to meet tight deadlines is a must.
• Proven research and analytical skills.
• Coordinates and manages special projects and events as required.
Deadline for applications: 4:30 PM on Thursday, January 10, 2019
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
When applying for this position, please reference the position title in the subject line and/or the body of the e-mail and/ or cover letter.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Westman Communications Group
1906 Park Avenue
Brandon, MB R7B 0R9
Posted Wednesday, January 09, 10:59 AM
Expires in 18 days (Sunday, February 10)