Manager, Finance and Accounting
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
This leadership position is responsible for evaluating and managing the financial and accounting process, preparing financial reporting for management, analyzing and tracking the company’s financial performance, developing financial forecasting, budgeting, risk management and managing relationships with stakeholders. Embodying a high level of financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of our brand service strategy and initiatives while maximizing the return on investment this leader, with an exceptional vision will implement, champion, and deliver a superior experience for stakeholders.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this financial leader, leads from experience, by example and by business authority while proactively creating scaled systems, processes and procedures to meet the needs, challenges and opportunities of our organization. They are passionate about standard methodologies, operational excellence, and challenging the status quo in pursuit of best practices in execution and achieving business success.
Management and Administration
Foundational Skills and Duties:
• Provide supervision and direction to the accounting team ensuring transactional accounting activities, month-end close process, and operating and capital transactions are completed
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages for the management team and other stakeholders to deliver key insights and analytics
• Direct and oversee the general financial administration of the organization, establish internal controls and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies, including those specific to the communications industry
• Engage with the auditor to complete the financial audit, culminating in the acceptance of our audited financial statement and annual report
Transformative Skills and Opportunities:
• Lead and oversee the budget process, provide relevant variance analysis, and create and maintain medium term financial forecasts to support the business plan
• Provide direction and support for financial, customer, and operational data analytics, with strong emphasis on functioning effectively in a database environment, to drive superior business decisions and improved operational execution
• Ensure relevant risk management activities are completed, including the ongoing management of contracts for both sales and procurement activities
• Support business development activities by leading relevant planning and analysis to execute on business opportunities to drive growth and profitability
Leadership & Employee Development
• Provide leadership to foster innovation, with the ability to influence and motivate for change, and to maintain effective working relationships at all levels
• Mentors, coaches and develops employee skills and competencies to achieve relevant personal growth.
• Leads employee selection, training, guidance, performance management and development to ensure department objectives, goals and performance standards are met
• Champions and promotes positive change within the department and organization
Education / Experience:
• Completion of a professional accounting designation (such as, CPA)
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting, finance, economics or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial management, planning, and analysis
• Proven track record of leading an accounting team or equivalent experience
• Superior analytical and risk assessment skills supporting continuous improvement initiatives
• Extensive knowledge of process and business systems improvements and implementation
• Strong understanding of the business requirements to succeed in a competitive marketplace
Skills and Competencies
• Strong professionalism in all aspects of work
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive alliances and partnerships with internal and external customers
• Synthesizes, distills, and communicates complex information at an exceptionally high and nuanced level
• Functions autonomously and proactively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
• Highly-organized, self-motivated; leadership style of continuous improvement
• Demonstrated strategic planning and problem-solving skills
• Quickly establishes positive relationships that engender trust and motivate others to invest in organizational goals, processes, and systems
• Establishes and communicates clear expectations, deliverables, and deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities
• Exceptional computer software skills
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON, Monday, January 21, 2019.
When applying for this position, please reference the position title in the subject line and/ or body of the email and/ or cover letter.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we
thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Westman Communications Group
1906 Park Avenue
Brandon, MB R7B 0R9
Posted Wednesday, January 09, 7:30 AM
Expires in 17 days (Saturday, February 09)