The YMCA of Brandon Child Care Department has an job opening for Child Care Assistant
Salary Range: As per salary scale Placement Date: Mid February
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Centre Director, this full time position is responsible for assisting with the planning and implementation of age appropriate curriculum designed to meet the developmental needs of the individual child as well as ensuring the health, safety and well-being of the children in his or her program.
· Plans and implements a consistent childcare centre program.
· To attend staff meetings, planning session and training events as required.
· To be in uniform while on duty.
· Commitment to the YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum.
· Follow all polices in compliance with the Manitoba Child Care Program, and Brandon Family YMCA Policies and Procedures.
· Self manages on-going professional development.
· Represents the YMCA and the association in a professional manner
· To complete tasks as designated by the Child Care Supervisor or Child Care Director.
· Adherence to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures
· Experience working with children an asset
· Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry upon hire.
· Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
· Current Emergency First Aid and CPR (or willing to obtain upon hire)
Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcomes and values of the YMCA. Articulates the uniqueness and holistic nature of the YMCA and seeks opportunities to fulfill its Mission.
Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development. Shares knowledge and experience.
Self-Management: Ability to direct personal performance to achieve desired results.
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
If you are interested in this position, please send a letter of application and a resume by January 16, 2019 to:
Audra Newman, Centre Director
Y Downtown Early Learning Centre
231 8th Street
Brandon MB R7A 3X2
*No phone calls, please. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Y Downtown Early Learning Cent
Posted Wednesday, January 09, 8:28 AM
Expires in 17 days (Saturday, February 09)