GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, we synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 260 dedicated team members. Our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, successful applicants will be hired into this position at $17.52/hour. All overtime is paid at double time.
The length of this position may extend up to nine (9) months; recurring terms as well as permanent employment opportunities are also available based on the value you create!
· Load trucks and rail cars with finished products for distribution
· Adhere to all in-place safety measures and procedures
· Operate and monitor irrigation equipment
· Operate farm tractors as well as portable and stationary pumps
· Laying out, removing, and maintaining irrigation pipes
· Perform grass cutting with push mowers, trimmers, and ride-on mowers
· Perform general yard maintenance and clean up and other related duties as assigned
· Operate a pay loader in dry-loading areas on occasion
The qualifications you have include:
· Experience operating equipment in an industrial environment; experience working with nitrogen fertilizers and loading equipment is preferred
· High school diploma or equivalent (ie. GED); 4th class power engineering certification is considered an asset
· Valid class five (5) driver’s license
· Proven organization and time management skills; detail-oriented; high level of integrity, honesty and professionalism; able to work independently
· Excellent verbal and written communication; demonstrated computer skills
· Strong analytical, critical, economic thinking, and problem solving skills
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
· Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
· Availability for shift work and emergency call out
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
· Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
· Ability to pass pulmonary breathing test
· Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
· Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
· Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
· Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
· Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
· Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
If you are ready to step into an exciting position with Koch Fertilizer Canada, please apply online at:
Want to learn more about Koch Fertilizer?
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC
Posted Wednesday, January 09, 4:50 PM
Expires in 17 days (Saturday, February 09)