The Bookkeeper is responsible for participating as an active member of the administrative team by maintaining the records of financial transactions made in the operation of the company.
The Bookkeeper’s responsibilities consist of the following:
· Follow good accounting policies and procedures
· Maintain the chart of accounts
· Enter and pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
· Process debt payments as they become due
· Issue customer invoices in a timely manner
· Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
· Process payroll in a timely manner
· Conduct a monthly reconciliation of all bank and credit card accounts
· Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
· Remit government tax information and payment on time
· Maintain the petty cash fund
· Tag and monitor asset accounts
· Prepare books for submission to the Accountant
· Provide information to the external account who creates the company’s financial statements.
· Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
· Run reports for management review
· Provide clerical and administrative support to the team, as requested
· Supports and backfill for other team members, as requested
Critical Attributes of the Bookkeeper
· Be able to ensure quality through attention to detail and by developing structure through the use of work standards.
· Be welcoming, confident and responsive to the needs of the team.
· Be resilient in working through problems and willing to research solutions.
· Be self-initiated and look for opportunities to stream line processes without compromising quality.
· Be responsive to details critical to their area of responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the following:
· A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in bookkeeping and administrative work;
· A working knowledge of Quickbooks and a minimum of 2 years of full time experience in the system.
Daughter On Call
Posted Thursday, January 10, 11:15 AM
Expires in 18 days (Sunday, February 10)