Permanent Maintenance Journeyperson Plumber
The Brandon School Division is currently accepting applications for a Maintenance - Plumber. This is a PERMANENT position on the basis of 8.00 hours per day, Monday to Friday, 12 months per year, to commence February 25, 2019 or as soon as possible.
Purpose of Position
The Plumber works with the Maintenance team to ensure that all plumbing within BSD buildings is in good working condition. The Plumber performs required repairs, renovations and installations, and responds to repair and emergency requests for plumbing, drain cleaning, glass repair, sheet metal and gas fitting work. The Plumber also maintains inventory control of parts and assists other maintenance crews, as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Are established by the Supervisor of Facilities within the parameters of the job profile.
- Journeyperson Plumber Certification.
- Requires specific trade/plumbing knowledge including the ability to repair, renovate, maintain, install and operate plumbing equipment and fixtures, gas burning equipment, glass and sheet metal.
- Manitoba Gas Fitter's 'B' Ticket.
- Asbestos Removal Certification.
- Class 5 Driver's License.
- WHMIS training/certification.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Moderate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Limited Electrical Ticket.
- Safety training (e.g. Lockout/Tagout, Fall Arrest).
For more information and to submit your application online, please visit our website www.bsd.ca/division/careers.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon, Thursday, February 14, 2019.
**Please note the Brandon School Division offers FULL BENEFITS such as Healthcare/Dental Plans, pension, vacation, as well as, other paid days as per the CUPE Collective Agreement - Article 18.
Brandon School Division
Posted Thursday, February 07, 11:44 AM
Expires in 20 days (Sunday, March 10)