Social Work Assistant - Full-time permanent
Child & Family Services of Western Manitoba is seeking a mature, responsible individual to fill a full-time permanent Brandon Social Work Assistant position.
As a Social Work Assistant, you will work with Social Workers, providing a variety of roles and services in order to strengthen the family unit. These include direct in home support; supporting therapeutic access and providing parent education and mentoring. The successful applicant must have access to a vehicle for work use.
The successful applicant will work 36? hours per week, with some flexibility required. The wage scale for this position starts at $19.42 per hour; placement on the scale will be based on the successful applicant?s education and direct experience. This position is subject to a six-month probationary period; upon successful completion of the probationary period, the successful applicant will be eligible to join the Agency?s benefits and pension plans.
- University degree in a social science or completion of the two-year Social Service Worker diploma from Assiniboine Community College is required;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently under the guidance of a social worker;
- Must have access to a vehicle for work use;
- Solid understanding of child development, parenting, and family functioning;
- Successful completion of a Criminal Record check, a Child Abuse Registry check, a Prior Contact check, and a Driver?s Abstract check will be required.
Please express your interest in this position, or in any position which may become open as a result of this competition by way of resume and cover letter by Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 at 9:00am to:
Candace Kowalchuk, Human Resources Specialist
800 McTavish Avenue Brandon, MB R7A 7L4
Website: www.cfswestern.mb.ca E-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Friday, February 08, 3:34 PM
Expires in 21 days (Monday, March 11)