The NEW Holiday Inn Express in Brandon, Manitoba is on track for opening in the months ahead and we are looking for a General Manager with the drive and creativity to launch this hotel and welcome new guests!
The ideal candidate is someone that is passionate about the hospitality industry and will work to establish our hotel as a top of mind choice for all travelers coming to the Brandon area. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, confident, and dynamic; someone who is prepared to lead a well-established hotel brand and team of cast members.
The General Manager will know what it takes to exceed guest expectations and will be the representative for the hotel in the community at large, while placing the brand at the heart of all decisions.
Provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing brand standards, and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with owner to maintain or improve property's market leadership position
- Develop programs that drive improvements in team member engagement aligned with the service philosophy
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Interact with guests, solicit feedback and build lasting relationships
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community. Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree/higher education qualification/ equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration
- 5 + years of management experience
- Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends
- Excellent leadership skills and strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced decision-maker with excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Holiday Inn Express
Posted Tuesday, February 11, 4:35 PM
Expires in 17 days (Friday, March 13)