The NEW Holiday Inn Express is coming soon to Brandon and we are currently looking for a Guest Service Manager to join our team!
We are seeking someone who is dynamic, experienced, and professional in their ability to provide superior level of service to our guests. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the front office, providing leadership to our team of front desk agents, and striving to make every guest's experience an enjoyable one.
The Holiday Inn Express brand is all about True Hospitality, which means connecting with our guests, understanding and exceeding their expectations, and making a positive difference in their travel experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and average daily rates
- Monitor budget and control labour costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance
- Ensure staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service and quality standards
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests
- Respond to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor's degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years' Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday Inn Express
Posted Tuesday, February 11, 5:35 PM
Expires in 17 days (Friday, March 13)