Recreation Leader - Level 3
Parks and Recreation Services
West Hub Programs
***More than one (1) position may be filled
Programs run year round (excluding weekends and statutory holidays). Training will take place on a flexible/casual basis in advance of commencing employment.
Under the general direction of the Recreation Hub Programmer, the incumbent will be required to lead and oversee the activities of the West Hub Parks and Recreation Services office. Programs target individuals of all ages. Successful candidates are responsible for delivering programs and activities which will enhance both life and social skills of the recipients in an active, fun & safe environment. Activities include but are not limited to pick-up games and low organized activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, supervise and participate in program activities under the direction of the Recreation Programmer;
- Provide leadership and direction to the participants and show enthusiasm;
- Provide a safe, cooperative and enjoyable environment for program participants;
- Adjust program activities to accommodate a variety of group sizes, interests and participant skill levels;
- Implement the evaluation plan and submit a final report on the program;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work successfully independently and in a team atmosphere;
- Able to problem-solve, plan and organize daily activities;
- Excellent public relations skills;
- Demonstrated ability to positively communicate and interact with people of all ages;
- Energetic, creative and relates positively with community members.
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience
- Basic First Aid/Level C CPR;
- Successful completion of a Criminal Reference Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Related experience in recreation, programming, education, instruction, lifetime sports background;
- Previous experience working with children;
- Previous experience working in a diverse population.
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE Local 69 employees.
NOTE: Incumbents must pass a Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Records check.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca
Rate of pay: $14.08 (2018 rates)
Posted on: February 13, 2020
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
If you are interested in finding out more about the City of Brandon job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
Serving and Building Community!
Posted Thursday, February 13, 4:40 PM
Expires in 19 days (Sunday, March 15)