West-Can HR Solutions is very excited to announce we are expanding our team! We have a need to add an HR Generalist to our dynamic and growing team here in Brandon, MB.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The role of an HR Generalist is to offer exceptional service to West-Can HR's clients through recruitment and selection, policy manual development, outplacement services and HR consulting. This position is ever changing as West-Can HR engages with the business community and meets their needs.
- Recruitment and Selection Support for Business Clients including:
- Meet with business clients to discuss permanent and temporary position vacancies and requirements;
- Creation of Job Descriptions;
- Creating job advertisements and post in the appropriate media;
- Search database and other avenues for suitable candidates;
- Pre-screen candidates and create a client summary report on top candidates;
- Coordinate and facilitate interview process including creating interview questions;
- Complete reference checks;
- Create letter of offer and aid in negotiation;
- Notify unsuccessful candidates.
- Meet with job-seekers to assess the type of employment opportunities they are looking for, provide resume feedback and job-search strategy tips, and explain the organization's services to them.
- Enter new job-seekers into the database, providing feedback on their strengths and area of interest
- Maintenance of Employee Database, Temporary Employee files, and Client files
- Represent West-Can HR positively in the community attending business networking events
- Provide outplacement services including emotional assistance, job search assistance and resume/cover letter preparation
- Provide administrative assistance to Owner team as needed
- Amend and create policy manuals
- Manage projects including full initial planning stages and often direct supervision of employees
- Strategically hire temporary employees, providing indirect supervision, onboarding services, and tracking timesheets
- Set up and attend local career fairs
- General reception support
- Education in Human Resource and/or 2 years of HR support experience. A combination of experience and education will be considered
- Must be friendly, creative, and enjoy meeting new people
- Must have a positive, upbeat personality and be an integral part of continuing our positive work environment
- Must be driven, and experienced in self-management
- Proficient in Word and Outlook and a working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; ability to learn new software
- Must have professional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be business-minded
West-Can Human Resource Solutions offers a competitive salary based on qualifications, benefits package and RRSP contribution.
To apply for this opportunity please send your resume, in confidence, to Camilla Timmer at Camilla@wchrs.com.
Posted Friday, February 14, 3:51 PM
Expires in 20 days (Monday, March 16)