Mechanic - Automotive/Small Engine
Livingstone Landscaping Ltd. is the largest Landscaping Firm operating in Southwestern Manitoba & Southern Saskatchewan, with our office based in the City of Brandon. We pride ourselves in our exceptional customer service and outstanding team of employees. We offer a rewarding, friendly environment with great health benefits and competitive wages.
Job Title: Mechanic - Automotive & Small Engine
Reports to: Shop Foreman
Position Type: Full-time; Reduced Winter Hours (32 hours/week)
Purpose: The purpose of the Mechanic - Automotive & Small Engine position is to work effectively and in coordination with the Shop Foreman to troubleshoot, service and repair company vehicle fleet and company small engine equipment. The Mechanic will work to keep all crews functioning through both Summer and Winter seasons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on vehicles and small engine equipment including but not limited to trimmers, lawn mowers, blowers, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of vehicle fleet and small engine equipment is completed within assigned time frames
- Ensure all vehicle Safeties are completed on an annual basis within assigned time frames
- Open, assemble and test new equipment
- Check equipment for proper operation and deficiencies before returning to its department for use
- Assist with seasonal equipment change over for summer/winter seasons
- Parts ordering and pickup/delivery
- Record repairs and maintenance in applicable Fleet Maintenance Spreadsheets/Software
- Communicate with management on the status of priority vehicles and small engine equipment
- Offer suggestions and ideas to improve shop processes
- Communicate with operators to pinpoint issues with equipment
- Communicate equipment abuse or neglected maintenance to Management
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Use all provided tools and equipment with care
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a high level of Mechanical knowledge in a wide range of vehicles and small engine equipment; other equipment knowledge (i.e. Heavy Duty) is considered a major asset
- Strong understanding of business workflow and ability to assign tasks based on this knowledge; Ag, Automotive, and Construction/Landscape equipment experience necessary
- Strong knowledge of parts, parts ordering and parts dealers
- Ability to communicate effectively with a team
- Valid Class 5I or F Drivers License; Class 3 or higher an asset
- Ability to take direction and follow a provided schedule
Education and/ or Experience:
- A ticket in ag or automotive mechanics; an asset but not required
- A minimum 5 years experience working in a mechanical capacity/shop setting
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please visit our: Career Job Board
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Posted Tuesday, October 13, 3:34 PM
Expires in 16 days (Friday, November 13)