COMPANY: Allen & Bolack Excavating Ltd.
POSITION: Service Foreman
WAGE: Based on Experience
HOURS of WORK: 50 hours / week
Position Description: The mechanic shop at Allen & Bolack Excavating Ltd. provides repairs & maintenance of heavy-duty equipment, trucks and trailers, small engines & automotive. Reporting to the Superintendent, the Service Foreman oversees operations of the shop to ensure the highest standards of quality, efficiency and value.
Experience, education, and skills required:
- Red seal/Journeyman - Heavy Duty &/or Truck & Transport Technician designation
- Experience working with heavy equipment and in a mechanically inclined environment
- Valid Class 5 drivers license or better
- Ability to lift up-to 23 kg (50 lbs.)
- Perform physically demanding work in a fast-paced environment- long hours, tasks that require full body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting etc.
- Ability to work effectively and cohesively in a team setting
- Reliable and accountable
- Professional work ethic
- Manage day to day operations of the shop
- Supervise, mentor and assign work to mechanics
- Prioritize workflow in the shop to meet deadlines
- Troubleshoot and find innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Maintain good relationships with subordinates, other departments, associated companies & vendors
- Cater to service & maintenance requirements for a diverse group of equipment
- Maintain daily logs, required forms, paperwork & service schedules
- Follow and promote a health & safety workplace culture
- Comply with industry regulations, company policies and legal requirements
Mail or Drop Off:
1540 14th St. E.
Brandon, MB R7A 7V2
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
- Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
- We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2:31 PM
Expires in 18 days (Sunday, November 15)