Truck and Transport Mechanic
Truck & Transport Mechanic
Journeyperson Level 3
Truck and Transport Mechanics are a key part of a workplace culture that is mutually respectful, productive and engaging within a predominately unionized work environment. This is skilled work at a journeyperson level responsible for the overhaul, maintenance, and repair of automobiles, emergency vehicles, public transport, public utility vehicles, light and heavy truck, and construction equipment. Employees work under the leadership of the Fleet Maintenance Chargehand but are allowed considerable latitude for independent judgement in applying knowledge and skills to the diagnosis and repair of assigned equipment.
This position offers a monthly tool allowance, medical and dental benefit plans at a shared cost with the employer, and a pension plan.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- Journeyman Certification in Truck and Transport Mechanic Trade - as issued by the Manitoba Department of Labour, supplemented by satisfactory practical experience;
- Possess a valid and subsisting Class 3 With Air Endorsement Province of Manitoba driver's license or able to obtain within three (3) months of appointment;
- Hold, or able to obtain within three (3) years of appointment, a Manitoba Vehicle Inspection number for all vehicles excluding motor homes and motorcycles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Hold a valid CFC certificate for ozone depleting substances;
- Propane and other alternative fuel training and experience.
Competition # 200063
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Post Date: October 15, 2020
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on October 29, 2020.
This opportunity is open to all applicants, however first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will consist of an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay: $28.55 - 30.50 per hour - 2018 rates.
Position Conditions: This full-time, permanent position of 40 hours per week will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Serving and Building Community
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2:43 PM
Expires in 18 days (Sunday, November 15)