School Bus Driver - Route Yellow 6
The Brandon School Division is currently accepting applications for a School Bus Driver (Lift Bus) - Route Yellow 6. This is a permanent position on the basis of 4.00 hours per day to commence January 25, 2021.
*To view the full job postings and to apply online please visit the Brandon School Division website at www.bsd.ca. Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon, Thursday, January 14, 2021.
Purpose of Position
The School Lift Bus Driver is responsible for safely transporting students from designated pick-up sites to BSD schools (and other division events/outings). Drivers may be assigned to city and/or country routes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Are established by the Supervisor of Transportation within the parameters of the job profile.
- Class 2 Driver's License.
- School Bus Operator's Certificate, with Defensive Driving training.
- WHMIS training/certification.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standardized work methods and processes.
- Ability to interact with service dogs while transporting students, if required.
- Demonstrated time management and computer/word processing skills.
- Effective basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Effective moderate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Specific knowledge of Lift Bus operation in order to assist in entry/exit and seating.
- First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Fire Safety Training.
- Mechanical knowledge.
Permanent CUPE employees presently on staff will be given first consideration.
Salary AS PER COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT.
Employment will be subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check completed within the four months preceding the date of application with results satisfactory to the Brandon School Division.
Brandon School Division will give consideration to gender equity, visible minorities, indigenous ancestry, and persons with disabilities. The Brandon School Division thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMPORTANT: Public Health Orders into effect as of November 20th prevent one from having anyone inside their home who is not a resident with limited exceptions that include delivery of items and some essential services. More details on current orders are at this link. The Province has asked that residents stay home unless it is essential to leave. If deeming that a classified transaction is necessary at this time, ensure that purchases and exchanges are conducted consistent with present public health orders and safe with critical priority on distancing, mask usage, thoroughly cleaning items, thoroughly washing hands and not leaving home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of illness.
Brandon School Division
1031-6th Street, Brandon
Posted Monday, 3:48 PM
Expires in 26 days (Thursday, February 11)