Video Network Support Analyst
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
The incumbent in this role is expected to have an advanced level of knowledge for cable/FTTx video networks with a strong desire to learn new technologies and be able to respond to trouble tickets/ticket escalations as well as participating in time-averaging and being part of an on-call rotation.
- Monitor, upkeep, and develop the video services network in line with the WCG network evolution plan
- Provide infrastructure support to the legacy and next generation video service products
- Provide technical support to ensure high service availability, security, and reliable operation that is transparent to the end customer
- Resolve all trouble reports from monitoring systems in accordance with the operations service level objectives; escalate all network service issues to management/vendors appropriately
- Conduct technical research, product evaluation, assist in vendor evaluations, recommend product purchases, and conduct in-house training
- Plan and coordinate all changes to systems and services according to established change management procedures
- Continually learn and be able to troubleshoot all components of WCG?s video delivery system, internet and data delivery system, voice service platform, and radio station broadcast paths
- Identify and recommend changes to improve performance, security, and reliability for the above-mentioned systems
- Maintain familiarity with and be able to troubleshoot AC/DC power systems and standby power systems
- 2 years of experience in a network services field including hands-on video network experience
- Equivalent to completion of a bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information systems or a closely related field. Possession of one or more approved information technology certificates and/or completion of other approved technology-related training may substitute for some or all the required education.
- Minimum of one of the following designations: SCTE Digital Video Engineering Professional, Certified Broadcast Network Engineer, Minerva Networks training Cisco CCNA/CCDP, Red Hat RHCE and/or Microsoft MCSE
- Experience with website development, HTML, and SQL
- Strong documentation skills, oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; good diagnostic, problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to hold and maintain a valid driver?s license and be bondable
- Willing and able to be available for emergency services as required
- Good networking knowledge focused on multicast environments including familiarity with the following: DHCP, NTP, DNS, multicast routing (incl. PIM, SM, and SSM), IGMP, multicast filtering and scoping techniques
- Exposure to HLS, MPEG-DASH, and FFMPEG
- Knowledge of the following:
o Multiplexers/groomers, transcoders, edge QAM modulators, VOD, CAS/IP-scramblers
o STB entitlement systems including Minerva back-office system, DAC and other components of Arris
Conditional Access system as well as PRISM and TiVo portals
o MPEG2, H.264 and MPEG-TS standards
o General IPV technologies and products including multiplexers, transcoders, edge QAM modulators, CDN
(Origin and Edge Cache servers), network storage systems, VOD servers, STBs, IPTV monitoring and
other headend equipment
o scripting and development tools including PHP, Perl, Python etc.
o Designing, implementing, optimizing, and troubleshooting legacy and next generation (IPTV) platforms;
expertise in using and integrating IPTV solutions with provisioning and billing/CRM systems
o RF fundamentals as it applies to cable networks o MS Windows and general desktop support issues o
Linux and general Linux support issues
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Thursday, January 28, 2021.
When applying for this position, please reference the position title in the subject line and/or body of the email
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Krista Derksen E-mail: email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Public Health Orders into effect as of November 20th prevent one from having anyone inside their home who is not a resident with limited exceptions that include delivery of items and some essential services. More details on current orders are at this link. The Province has asked that residents stay home unless it is essential to leave. If deeming that a classified transaction is necessary at this time, ensure that purchases and exchanges are conducted consistent with present public health orders and safe with critical priority on distancing, mask usage, thoroughly cleaning items, thoroughly washing hands and not leaving home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of illness.
Posted Monday, 3:58 PM
Expires in 26 days (Thursday, February 11)