Bilingual (Spanish-English) Social Work Assistant - FT Perm.
Bilingual Social Work Assistant
Full-time permanent position
**Applicants must be fluent in Spanish and English**
Child & Family Services of Western Manitoba is seeking a mature, responsible individual to fill a Bilingual Social Work Assistant position. This is a full-time permanent position to commence as soon as possible. Applicants must be fluent in English and Spanish languages. (Please note that the interview process will involve questions and answers in both English and Spanish.)
As a Social Work Assistant, you will work with Social Workers, providing a variety of roles and services in order to strengthen the family unit. These include direct in home support; supporting therapeutic access, providing parent education and mentoring, and providing English-Spanish interpretation. The successful applicant must have access to a vehicle for work use and hold a valid Manitoba Class 5 (5F) Driver's License.
The successful applicant will work 36.25 hours per week, with some flexibility required. The wage scale for this position starts at $19.42 per hour; placement on the scale will be based on the successful applicant's education and direct experience. This position is subject to a six-month probationary period; upon successful completion of the probationary period, the successful applicant will be eligible to join the Agency's benefits and pension plans.
- University degree in a social science or completion of the two-year Social Service Worker diploma from Assiniboine Community College is required;
- Comprehensive written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish languages;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently, under the guidance of a Supervisor and/or Social Workers;
- Solid understanding of child development, parenting, and family functioning;
- Must have access to a vehicle for work use and a full Manitoba Class 5 (5F) Driver's License;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Successful completion of a Criminal Record check, a Child Abuse Registry check, a Prior Contact check, and a Driver's Abstract check will be required.
Please express your interest in this position, or in any position which may become open as a result of this competition by way of cover letter, resume and three references by Monday, January 25th, 2021 at 9:00a.m. to:
Candace Kowalchuk, Human Resources Specialist
800 McTavish Avenue Brandon, MB R7A 7L4
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMPORTANT: Public Health Orders into effect as of November 20th prevent one from having anyone inside their home who is not a resident with limited exceptions that include delivery of items and some essential services. More details on current orders are at this link. The Province has asked that residents stay home unless it is essential to leave. If deeming that a classified transaction is necessary at this time, ensure that purchases and exchanges are conducted consistent with present public health orders and safe with critical priority on distancing, mask usage, thoroughly cleaning items, thoroughly washing hands and not leaving home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of illness.
Posted Wednesday, 2:43 PM
Expires in 28 days (Saturday, February 13)