The Yard Worker is part of our Landscape Retail Department, providing the landscape materials used in for our professional installation projects to our crews and DIYers. This team member is a multi-tasker - responding to customer requests, assisting the Yard Foreperson, loading, and unloading product and deliveries, and ensuring the continued organization, cleanliness, and safety of the Bulk and Retail Yard. Interested?
About the job:
- Assist the Bulk and Retail Yard Foreman.
- Load, unload, sort, stock, and move product and construction materials.
- Fill orders and supply materials to both external clients and internal installation projects.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment and report any malfunctions to supervisor.
- Read bills, order forms, and invoices and complete product/inventory sheets and reports as required (both electronic and by hand).
- Ability to perform physically demanding work.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures.
- Driver's license required; Class 3 with Air an asset.
- Loader and skid steer experience an asset.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions including hot, rainy, cold, and windy.
- Strenuous physical work
- The Bulk and Retail Yard is open 7-days a week seasonally; weekend shifts are required.
- This is a full-time, seasonal opportunity with the potential for year-round employment.
- Compensation is based upon experience.
Apply on our website at Careers - Alternative Landscaping (northstarats.com) or come see us at the corner of 34th Street and Patricia Avenue.
Alternative Landscaping Ltd. is a local, family-run company that has been creating award-winning outdoor landscapes for more than two decades. We complete commercial and residential projects in landscaping, excavation, and maintenance and operate a year-round garden centre that services southwestern Manitoba. Constantly striving to provide "Superior Workmanship by People Who Care", the Alternative Team works hard every day to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and create projects that will have a lasting impact in the region.
Posted Friday, April 09, 1:13 PM
Expires in 2 days (Monday, May 10)