Please note vacancies include Two 1.000 FTE positions and One 0.500 FTE Position.
The successful applicant will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary Student Achievement Support Services team to provide a full range of social work services in the division's schools, in accordance with the requirements of a School Social Worker.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Registered Social Worker (RSW) designation.
- A Manitoba School Clinician Certificate in Social Work, or eligibility for school clinician certification in the Province of Manitoba.
- A Bachelor of Social Work degree with experience working within a high school environment.
- Strong collaborative/consultative and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a school support team.
- Demonstrated confidence in managing social work assessments of referred students/families.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
- A Master's Degree in Social Work.
- The ability to provide individual, group and family counseling, as well as crisis intervention.
- Expertise in supporting school personnel in dealing with challenging students (behavior, emotional, social and family issues).
- Experience with liaising with home/school/community agencies in order to enhance coordination of services to students and their families.
- Experience with mental health programming.
Please visit the Brandon School Division website at Careers (bsd.ca) to view the full job posting and to apply online. Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon, Thursday, March 29, 2023.
Employment will be subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check completed within the four months preceding the date of application with results satisfactory to the Brandon School Division.
Brandon School Division will give consideration to gender equity, visible minorities, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. The Brandon School Division thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, Brandon School Division will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants disabled by barriers during the interview and assessment process.
Brandon School Division
1031-6th Street, Brandon
Posted Friday, March 17, 1:32 PM
Expires in 18 days (Monday, April 17)