The purpose of the school psychologist is to provide services for students with developmental, learning, behavioural and social/emotional challenges. To this end, the school psychologist collaborates with principals, teachers, parents, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments for all students. Clinical practice duties include psychological assessments, as well as treatment and research studies and evaluations.
- Applicants must possess, or be eligible for, a Manitoba School Clinician Certificate in Psychology.
- Master's Degree in psychology or related field with appropriate supervised clinical experience. An equivalent combination of academic preparation in learning disabilities education and education experience.
- Competence in administration and interpretation of diagnostic testing in a full range of recognized assessment tests.
- Demonstrated expertise in translating assessment test results into appropriate educational programming recommendations.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with children, adolescents, and teenagers.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of theoretical issues and research literature relevant to the practice of clinical psychology and research methodology through successful completion of graduate courses at the doctoral level.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a member of an educational team
Please visit the Brandon School Division website at Careers (bsd.ca) to view the full job posting and to apply online. Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon, Thursday, March 29, 2023.
Employment will be subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check completed within the four months preceding the date of application with results satisfactory to the Brandon School Division.
Brandon School Division will give consideration to gender equity, visible minorities, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. The Brandon School Division thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, Brandon School Division will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants disabled by barriers during the interview and assessment process.
Brandon School Division
1031-6th Street, Brandon
Posted Friday, March 17, 1:37 PM
Expires in 18 days (Monday, April 17)