Loyalty Transport Ltd is looking for Shop Foreman/Mechanic
Our core Values are safety and service to provide a solid foundation. These values lead us to believe that integrity in business is the key to keeping our drivers and operators safe on the highways.
VERIFIABLE EXPERIENCE ADMINISTERING A CLASS-A TRACTOR / TRAILER FLEET & MANAGING TRUCK/ TRAILER SHOP.
Drug Screen /Criminal Record
Drug screen and Criminal record check for this role.
MONDAY - FRIDAY, 8 AM - 5 PM / WITH PERIODIC WEEKEND WORK AS BUSINESS NEEDS DICTATE. MUST BE AVAILABLE PERIODICALLY ON WEEKENDS BY PHONE TO COVER EMERGENCY ROAD CALLS.
DIRECTOR OF FLEET MAINTENANCE
Eligible to enroll in health, vision & dental plans after 90 days. Profit sharing eligibility after 1 year.
Supervise and perform daily activities of vehicle repair and maintenance operation to ensure proper performance and safety of all commercial vehicles and equipment. Manage and maintain physical safety standard truck shop. Identify cost-saving opportunities throughout the fleet maintenance function. Assist with and support implementation of a fleet maintenance software suite.
- Advanced knowledge of truck & trailer mechanics and maintenance.
- Ability to operate equipment and tools involved in vehicle repair.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and vehicle parts.
- Ability to direct and supervise personnel and coordinate shop operations.
- Ability to train and develop mechanics and maintenance personnel.
- Computer literacy – maintenance software
- Heavy email use – good written and verbal communication skills a must.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise and perform the full activities of a fleet maintenance shop
- Assign priority and process vehicle repair work orders.
- Monitor and enforce PM schedules.
- Evaluate and recommend all repairs. Provide cost estimates and cost control opportunities
- Assign all vehicle repairs to personnel and oversee completion.
- Arrange contract repairs when work cannot be performed in shop.
- Assign or perform welding and minor body work to keep vehicles operating.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance and preventive care.
- Maintain all vehicles to a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Establish preventive maintenance and care schedules.
- Locate and requisition all parts needed for vehicle repair maximizing value and controlling costs at all times.
- Contact vendors to check on availability of parts/supplies.
- Discuss mechanical problems with other mechanics and help them solve repair problems.
- Inspect work performed by mechanics.
- Review and approve work orders.
- Assign & perform periodic required inspections and oversee compliance with inspection deadlines.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties and enforce environmental health & safety standards in the shops.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Keep shop, equipment, and tools in safe and orderly operating condition.
- Order equipment and supplies and maintain accurate records.
- Recommend replacement of existing equipment.
- Conduct periodic inventory of physical equipment and supplies.
- Direct the upkeep and appearance of shops.
- Work irregular hours and respond to after-hours emergency calls as needed.
- Assist with breakdowns and help coordinate road calls.
- Assist in recruiting, screening, training, and evaluation of shop employees.
- Maintain accurate information for payroll reporting (time cards, tardiness, and absenteeism).
- Understand laws and regulations on transportation and safety.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Loyalty Transport Ltd
Posted Thursday, December 06, 1:47 PM
Expires in 20 days (Sunday, January 06, 2019)