GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC’s operations have been producing agricultural fertilizer products since 1967. We synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 270 dedicated team members. At KFCU, our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
A subsidiary of Koch Industries Inc., one of the world’s largest private companies, Koch Fertilizer’s global operations leverage Market-Based Management® to create long-term value for customers and society. By focusing on long-term value creation, we promote a challenging and rewarding environment for our professional and highly respected employees.
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the Transportation team to contribute to the organization’s value creation capabilities. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, successful applicants will be hired into this position at ‘L’ rate (currently $24.57/hour). All overtime is paid at double time. This position may follow a shift rotation schedule within our 24/7 operation.
· Load trucks and rail cars with finished products for distribution
· Operate and monitor irrigation equipment
· Operate farm tractors, portable and stationary pumps
· Lay out, removing, and maintain irrigation pipes
· Perform grass cutting with push mowers, trimmers, and ride-on mowers
· Perform general yard maintenance and clean up
· Operate pay loaders in dry-loading area as required
· Adhere to all safety measures and procedures
· Assist with aspects of plant operations and other related duties as required
The successful candidate must have a passion for the industry and will report to the Transportation Supervisor.
The qualifications you have include:
· Experience operating equipment in an industrial environment
· High School Diploma or equivalent (ie. GED); a 4th class power engineering certificate is preferred
· Valid class five (5) driver’s license
· Excellent verbal and written communication as well as computer skills
· Demonstrated initiative, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Proven organization and time management skills; detail-oriented; high level of integrity, honesty and
The work environment you’ll be entering requires and includes:
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
· Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at heights
· Pass a pulmonary breathing test
· Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
· Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate
· Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
· Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Available for shift work and emergency call outs
- Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC Offers a full extended benefits package including health and dental coverage, pension and subsidized investment options, as well as nationally-competitive wages in an environment that is committed to success!
If you are ready to step into an exciting position with Koch Fertilizer Canada, please apply online at:
Want to learn more about KAES?
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.
By applying to this position you are confirming that you possess valid Canadian work authorization.
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC
Posted Friday, January 04, 3:51 PM
Expires in 11 days (Monday, February 04)