Alternative Landscaping Ltd. is a locally owned and operated business out of Brandon, MB that has been providing superior customer service since 1998. We are a well-established company coming into our 21st year of business, with our expertise services covering Western Manitoba and Eastern Saskatchewan. We pride ourselves in our commitment to high quality products, have fun, work hard, and go the extra mile to make our projects stand out. We are looking for motivated and eager individuals to join our growing team.
Class 1 Driver
Summary: We are looking for hardworking, dependable, team oriented individuals to join our Alternative Excavation Team. Heavy Class 1 Driver will be responsible for driving and operating a variety of trucks/equipment to complete a variety of job tasks. Steel toed shoes or boots are required. Wage dependent on experience. This is a full time seasonal position that may lead into a year round position for the right candidate.
- Drive and operate a variety of trucks/equipment to complete a variety of job tasks to assist with Excavation and Landscape construction projects
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
- Carry out daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles
- Complete driver’s log book on a daily basis and ensure logs are handed in at the end of each week
- Transport materials to and from the jobsite, including loading and unloading
- Using proper tie-down procedures, secure materials to be transported to ensure the safety and security of the load
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Maintain all equipment & vehicles
- Complete and submit all required accurate paperwork on a daily basis, including: daily site meeting logs, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials etc.
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, and equipment
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- Valid Manitoba Class 1 Driver’s License
- Safe driving record- able to submit a driver's abstract
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions
- WHMIS Training/Bob Cat Training, COR Training
- Mechanically Inclined
- Physically able to lift approx. 50 lbs.
- Able to work outside in all types of weather
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle physically strenuous and challenging work
- Good Leadership skills
- Knowledge of Bob Cat, Tractor, Front End Loader and Mini Excavator
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
As a member of our team, you can look forward to:
- Being part of a strong, hardworking team that takes great pride in their work
- Opportunity for growth and placement within a growing company
If you feel you would be an asset to and enjoy being a member of our team, please check out our website for more information at www.alternativelandscapingltd.com.
NO PHONE CALLS
Please submit your resume with cover letter and updated drivers abstract to email@example.com
or in person to 34th & Patricia Ave., Brandon MB R7A 5Y1
Fax - 204 727-7531
Posted Friday, January 11, 3:51 PM
Expires in 19 days (Monday, February 11)