A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value - creative business value through addressing some of the world?s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose - to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what's right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Maintenance Planner - Brandon, MB
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for establishing, maintaining and verifying data for the maintenance of assets while coordinating with various functional departments to meet Health and Safety, Food Safety and Equipment reliability goals.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Reviews incoming work orders slated for planning
- Plans and schedules necessary work
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance development and scheduling
- Participates in Capital Projects and Supports/Implements site cost reduction initiatives
- Liaison between Maintenance and Production. Contractor management
- Generates backlog follow up reports and other necessary reports
- Ensures all information is accurate and available to support the maintenance of all assets in their area of responsibility. This includes but is not limited to Equipment Master File, work order back log, spare parts lists, specifications and any documents related to asset management
- Ensures that no work order is moved to "scheduled" unless job scope is complete and includes all parts, equipment and manpower requirements
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning - courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Individual must be self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication
- High sense of urgency, well organized and be able to prioritize effectively
- Driven individual with strong leadership capabilities
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as AutoCAD)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Post-secondary school education (Technical diploma or Trade designation)
- Background in Maintenance and/or Engineering
- Experience in Asset Management Systems (SAP)
- Six Sigma experience is an asset
- Good understanding of food processing and regulatory requirements
How to apply
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible
Maple Leaf Consumer Foods
Posted Monday, April 15, 2:26 PM
Expires in 23 days (Thursday, May 16)