Job Fair For Casual Weekend Youth Supervision Worker with Brightscape Endeavours (BE)
We will be hosting a Job fair Tuesday Aug 20th from 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm and will be conducting interviews at that time. Our office address is 759- 1st street Unit A.
This competition will remain open until all positions are filled. Additional positions, which may have different hours of work and remuneration, may be filled by way of this competition. We encourage those that may not possess all of the formal skills or previous experience to apply for the role. Brightscape Endeavours is willing to invest in your learning by providing the support and training in the areas required to build your competencies and capacities.
Brightscape Endeavours is seeking applicants to ensure the safety and well being of the clients we have in our care. At BE, we strive to provide nurturance and advocacy. Youth Supervision Workers support children in a healthy and safe environment while providing oversight, direction and guidance to the children in multiple settings such as school, home and the community.
Youth Supervision Worker responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Serves in the role of support person to clientele to ensure a sense of safety
2. Interacting and mentoring youth to assist in the prospect for successful integration into the community
3. Applying rules in a consistent and fair manner
4. Recognizing and decelerating volatile situations and defusing where possible
5. Plan programs with youth establishing rules of conduct, goals and objectives
6. Observe behaviour of youth to prevent disturbances and de-escalation of altercations
7. Knows and abides by all requirements, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the CFS Act, the Child Care Facilities Licensing Regulation, Child Safety Plans, directions of Management and all other applicable laws and regulations.
8. Ensures the basic needs of clientele by assisting in preparing meals, cleaning the home, laundering clothing, painting interior walls, etc.
9. Assists children regarding their programs, leisure choices, school studies and other activities.
10. Completes Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and uses NVCI appropriately to keep children safe and prevent harm to others.
11. Recognizes and understands that they must meet the children ?where they are at? and adjust their approach to each child?s abilities and motivation.
12. Understands the philosophy of Harm Reduction and utilizes Harm Reduction Strategies.
13. Safeguards the dignity and advances the well-being of the children through concerted advocacy.
14. Ensures children receive the applicable health services and or emergency medical assistance that they require.
15. Provides, leads and participates in recreational activities and supervises community outings and social functions.
16. Supports and transports children during daily activities such as shopping trips, optical appointments, medical appointments, dental appointments, legal appointments, Court appearances, family visits, etc.
17. Provides security during the night by checking and ensuring children are safe and homes are secure.
We are searching for candidates that have:
? Full class 5 driver?s license
? Excellent communication skills ? both verbal and written
? The ability to push, pull and carry 100 lbs
? Excellent physical fitness
? A strong work ethic
? Effective problem solving, decision making and sound judgment skills.
? Conflict resolution capabilities
? Excellent written communication skills.
? Experience working in a team environment.
? You must have the ability to manage stress and a fast paced, changing environment
Hours of Work
? Vary depending on need. Casual weekend positions are currently available.
1. Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it with you for the Job Fair.
2. Ensure your cover letter and resume detail:
a. your education and employment history.
b. what you know about the position for which you are applying.
c. how you learned about BE.
d. your email address and phone number (preferably a cell number).
e. at least three employment related references.
f. information about the class and status of all Drivers Licenses that you currently hold.
3. If you have any questions, please send them in the email with your cover letter and resume.
4. Be aware that you will require a Child Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check prior to being employed with BE. If you have these documents already, please submit copies with your cover letter and resume. The original documents will be verified prior to employment.
5. Please be patient. We will contact you if you are selected for an interview. It is appropriate to update your application if there has been a significant change such as completing a course of study or obtaining a Drivers License. However, please do not contact or attend the office to hasten your application.
We are pleased that you want to work for BE and look forward to meeting with those of you who are selected for interviews. Please remember that carefully following the process above is the best way to expedite the hiring process.
Posted Tuesday, 4:47 PM
Expires in 26 days (Friday, September 13)