The Recreation Facilitator for Children?s Leisure, Recreation and Life Skills Rural Program is a .56 SY position that reports directly to the Supervisor of Children?s Leisure, Recreation and Life Skills. The individual is responsible for the development, implementation and management of SMD leisure and recreation programs. This will include the planning and implementation of a summer program for children/youth with disabilities and the development and delivery of a youth/adult fall, winter and spring program. Core staff compliment will vary.
1. Develop, deliver, supervise and evaluate SMD summer day camp, youth fall, winter and spring program options and assist with other capacities as identified by the direct supervisor.
2. Develop and maintain partnerships with community agencies, focus groups and families through correspondence, meetings, and community presentations.
3. Attempt to identify community needs through needs assessment, surveys, open houses, etc.
- University degree in Recreation Studies or Social Sciences is required. However, a combination of experience and education will be considered
- The individual should have extensive knowledge in all areas of program planning with an emphasis on programming for individuals with a disability
- Possess excellent computer skills, have the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- The person should be able to adapt to different environments and social settings quickly, be creative, illustrate initiative
- Possess at least 2 years of direct supervisory experience
- Individual will have basic CPR/First Aid
- Must have a valid Manitoba Driver?s License and access to a vehicle
To apply for this position please go to our website at:
Society for Manitobans with Di
Posted Wednesday, November 13, 12:34 PM
Expires in 4 days (Saturday, December 14)