Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Yamana is a Canadian-based gold producer with significant gold production, gold development stage properties, exploration properties, and land positions throughout the Americas including Canada, Brazil, Chile and Argentina. Yamana plans to continue to build on this base through existing operating mine expansions and optimization initiatives, development of new mines, the advancement of its exploration properties and, at times, by targeting other gold consolidation opportunities with a primary focus in the Americas. In 2019, we expect to deliver production of 899,000 ounces of gold, 10.0 million ounces of silver, and 61 million pounds of copper. On a gold equivalent basis, we expect to produce 1.01 million ounces (gold plus silver at a ratio of approximately 90:1). Yamana is listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
Summary of the Position
Yamana Gold is looking for a heavy duty mechanic, this position will be in a remote exploration camp in northern Manitoba, the rotation will be 3 weeks in the field and 3 weeks off. You will report to the Field Operations Manager, some of the duties will include preventative and corrective maintenance of all equipment and equipment and vehicles. Working hours are based on a 10 hour a day shift with some overtime needed. We are looking for a person with a wide variety of skills who can fix equipment and or other issues the camp might face.
Primary Duties and Tasks of the Heavy Duty Mechanic:
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all systems associated with work equipment (mechanical, electrical, plumbing and hydraulic)
- Work from blueprints, service manuals and schematic drawings
- Conduct inspections and tests, repair or replace parts with limited resources in remote locations outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Evaluate parts for reuse, repair or replacement
- Use of cutting torches and welder to perform various fabrication tasks, comfortable using both stick and mig-welding applications
- Use various hand and power hand tools
- Operates equipment to assist in project needs on occasion
- Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action in order to minimize the impact on crew production
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment
- Prepare and submit equipment maintenance records, time sheets, etc.
- Follows prescribed safety procedures including the use of safety clothing and equipment
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of shop, maintenance of shop tools and equipment, loading/unloading and storage of equipment, etc.
- Working on heavy duty equipment such as Excavator and skidder.
- Assists other Heavy Duty Mechanic when needed
- Licensed heavy equipment and/ (3rd Year apprentices will be considered)
- Previous field service experience is an asset.
- A safety-oriented work ethic supported by experience within the labor industry
- The ability to follow instructions, rules and regulations is essential
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as a valuable member of a team
- Problem solving skills
- Hydraulic & Electrical trouble shooting and repair background
- Fluent on reading hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of Hydraulic & Electrical components and systems
Applicants can submit their applications directly to email@example.com, with Heavy Duty Mechanic in the subject line. Preference will be given to Red Sucker Lake First Nations Community members and local Manitoba residents.
Deadline for applications is end of day, December 15, 2019.
Yamana Gold Inc.
Posted Thursday, November 28, 3:32 PM
Expires in 21 days (Sunday, December 29)