Completions Engineering Student
Tundra Oil & Gas is Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and Production Company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra?s head office is located in Winnipeg and has offices in Virden and Calgary. Tundra is recognized as the largest oil producer in Manitoba, has invested close to 1 billion dollars since 1980, creating jobs and economic activity while in the process of exploring for oil in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Tundra is seeking a Completions Engineering Student for the Summer of 2020 based in our Virden, MB office.
Reporting to the Completions Superintendent some specific duties and responsibilities of the Completions Engineering Student include but are not limited to:
- Assist Senior Production Technologist/Technicians with management and implementation of hot oil and scale treatments, acidizing, and solvent circulation stimulation programs.
- Coordinate and execute annual scale inhibitor squeeze programs according to residuals data, in conjunction with chemical suppliers, operations, and pumping contractors.
- Assist Senior Production Technologist/Technicians with prioritized management and implementation of the problem well troubleshooting in order to return wells to production as quickly and economically as possible.
- Production monitoring duties involving shooting and interpretation of fluid levels, Dynamometer tests and surveys, and evaluation of well tests.
- Coordinate yearly packer integrity/annular isolation testing and submit results to regulatory agencies on schedule.
- Obtain fluid samples and coordinate analysis as required.
- Well programming and well research reviews of problematic wells that require remedial work or repair.
- Additional duties as required.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- In progress of obtaining an undergraduate Degree in Engineering, or in progress of obtaining a post-secondary education in Petroleum related discipline.
- Previous oilfield experience is an asset but not required.
- Experience in, or ability to learn:
- Computer programs; PVR and Wellman.
- Downhole production TBG and BHP designs
- Sucker rod / beam pumping equipment, operation, and design.
- Pumping Fluid Levels, dynamometer equipment, Echometer school.
- Oilfield chemicals; corrosion, scaling, and paraffin.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to understand highest priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with initiative and an ability to seek for information independently.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and provide information between.
- Ability to build strong relationships ? internally & externally.
- Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Tundra?s Safety Policy.
If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.tundraoilandgas.com and apply on-line by end of day, December 18th, 2019.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Tundra Oil and Gas
Posted Monday, 3:56 PM
Expires in 25 days (Thursday, January 02, 2020)