COMPANY: Allen & Bolack Excavating Ltd.
POSITION: Sewer & Water Foreman
LOCATION: Brandon, MB
START: 03rd February 2020
WAGE: Based on Experience
HOURS of WORK: 50 hours / week
Experience, education, and skills required:
- Construction - Water mains; Sewer; Pipelines; Underground and tunnel work, Fiber optics
- Equipment and Machinery Experience - Compactors; Grades; Grinding machines; Drills; Chainsaws; Small front-end loaders; Knowledge of Heavy Equipment Operation an asset;
- Weight Handling - Up to 23 kg (50 lbs.)
- Experience - experience in water and sewer pipe laying is essential. Previous experience laying and connecting pipe, operating some basic heavy equipment, reading and understanding blueprints/plans, and understand safety rules and local plumbing codes and regulations are required. Experience running a sewer & water crew is considered an asset.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities - Fast-paced environment; Physically demanding; Willing and able to work long hours and occasional weekends during peak season
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Ability to manage a team effectively and cohesively
- Takes direction well
- Able to work and operate equipment in a safe manner
- Drive vehicles to designated destinations
- Analyze delivery address, determine appropriate routes and maintain schedule.
- Drive safely
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately
- Ensure your team works within Manitoba safety regulations
- Load and unload product in a safe manner and within deadlines
- Perform appropriate inspections, maintain clean/safe vehicle and advise supervisor of any issues, repairs or maintenance of vehicle
- Maintain daily logs, required forms and paperwork
- Adhere to all law, regulations and company policies and procedures
- Delegate tasks effectively to a diverse crew, ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner
- Work with support team to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
Mail or Drop Off:
1540 14th St. E.
Brandon, MB R7A 7V2
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
1) Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
2) We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
3) Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.
Posted Tuesday, January 14, 9:11 AM
Expires in 23 days (Friday, February 14)