Equipment Operator in Streets and Roads
Equipment Operator Level 3
Streets & Roads
To participate as part of a working team that operates a variety of equipment and machinery and performs the tasks required for the safe and efficient operations of the City's Streets & Roads Section.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, G.E.D. , or Mature High School Diploma;
- Must possess a valid and subsisting Class 1 with Air Endorsement Province of Manitoba driver's license;
- Must have the ability to operate equipment that falls in the equipment operator III classification;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the safe operation of a motor grader for the purpose of snow clearing and removal and base/asphalt related work with finishing capabilities within City limits;
- Any other certifications required by legislation for the position.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience operating equipment, such as various sized rubber tire front end loaders, end dump trucks, single and tandem axle trucks, highway tractor including low bed/end dump trailers.
- Clear Driver's Abstract.
Competition # 200029
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Posted on: May 22, 2020
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on June 5, 2020.
This opportunity is open to all applicants, however first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay: $22.79 - 26.11 per hour - 2018 rates.
Position Conditions: This is a full-time, permanent position of 40 hours per week. It will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Serving and Building Community.
Posted Friday, May 22, 4:37 PM
Expires in 20 days (Monday, June 22)