GeoVerra is one of Canada?s largest geomatics firms providing land surveying, forestry, environmental, and geospatial solutions to clients in diverse industries. With offices across Canada, our mission is to provide outstanding service that employees are truly proud of, that clients recommend to others, and that leave a positive impact on the communities we serve. At the core of who we are and what we do are our values; teamwork, working safely, entrepreneurial spirit, client focus and work ethic. They keep us focused on our goals and the promises we make to each other and our stakeholders.
GeoVerra is currently seeking a Crew Chief to support our Geomatics team, in a variety of locations in Brandon or Virden. Reporting to the Field Crew Coordinator the Crew Chief position will be responsible for performing field survey work on projects in the construction, pipeline, oil and gas, land development and legal land surveying industries.
- Manage and perform field survey work with the help of Survey Assistants;
- Liaise with Project Managers to coordinate field survey work, to review and manage project budgets, timeline requirements, priorities and survey methodology;
- Act as a company representative, liaising directly with client field representatives and land owners;
- Prepare and communicate field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in required formats for Project Managers, Land Surveyors and Drafting personnel;
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Survey Assistants working with you;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of industry best practices, more efficient field processes and procedures and the innovative use of new technology; and
- Actively participate in and proactively support the advancement of the GeoVerra safety program.
Required Skills & Behaviours
- Our successful candidate will be a graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to surveying and geomatics or have an equivalent amount of related experience;
- 5+ of experience in the Crew Chief role;
- Strong working knowledge of survey equipment and software such as GPS and Total Stations (Including Robotic);
- Knowledge and experience of Trimble equipment and software, laser scanning and line locating would be considered an asset;
- Strong problem solving skills in a field environment;
- Good communication skills - verbal and written; ability to produce accurate and legible field notes;
- The ability to develop and motivate survey staff and work well in a team environment;
- An aptitude for delivering projects on time and budget;
- Experience with the use of ATVs/UTVs, snowmobiles and chainsaws would be considered an asset;
- A valid driver?s license and can provide a clean driver?s abstract; and
- Completed training and valid tickets in First Aid, H2S and CSTS safety training, is an asset.
For more information on working with GeoVerra or to apply for this posting online, please visit the Careers section of our website www.geoverra.com.
All applications will be kept confidential. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Wednesday, September 16, 2:32 PM
Expires in 16 days (Saturday, October 17)