Educational Assistant - General
The Brandon School Division is currently accepting applications for an Educational Assistant - General at Waverly Park School.
To apply online please visit the Brandon School Division website at www.bsd.ca.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon, Thursday, October 29, 2020.
Purpose of Position
The Educational Assistant (General) promotes and supports inclusive practices by working collaboratively in assisting students with diverse needs and abilities while fostering engagement in the learning environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Are established by the School Principal within the parameters of the job profile.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Educational Assistant Certificate or equivalent 1 - 2 years related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standardized work methods and processes while working with children to support learning.
- Demonstrated ability to function in the language of classroom instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to function at the level of knowledge required of the students, e.g., in English, Mathematics, etc., including reading and writing.
- Effective basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Class 5 Driver's license (may be a requirement for some assignments).
- First Aid, CPR.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- WHMIS training.
- Specialized training related to specific areas, e.g. second language
- Related post-secondary course work.
Permanent CUPE employees presently on staff will be given first consideration.
Salary AS PER COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT.
Employment will be subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check completed within the four months preceding the date of application with results satisfactory to the Brandon School Division.
Brandon School Division will give consideration to gender equity, visible minorities, indigenous ancestry, and persons with disabilities. The Brandon School Division thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMPORTANT: Public Health Orders into effect as of November 20th prevent one from having anyone inside their home who is not a resident with limited exceptions that include delivery of items and some essential services. More details on current orders are at this link. The Province has asked that residents stay home unless it is essential to leave. If deeming that a classified transaction is essential, ensure that purchases and exchanges are conducted consistent with present public health orders and safe with critical priority on distancing and mask usage.
Brandon School Division
1031-6th Street, Brandon
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 5:07 PM
Expires in 2 days (Friday, November 27)