Head Custodian - Level IIA
The Brandon School Division is currently accepting applications for a Head Custodian - Level IIA at J. R. Reid School. This is a permanent position on the basis of 8.00 hours per day, Monday to Friday, 12 months per year, to commence November 9, 2020.
To apply online please visit the Brandon School Division website at www.bsd.ca.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon, Thursday, October 29, 2020.
Purpose of Position
The Head Custodian (II) is responsible for overseeing and providing cleaning and maintenance services to Brandon School Division facilities. This position applies to those BSD facilities that require the maintenance of a steam boiler and hot water boiler system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Are established by the Supervisor of Facilities within the parameters of the job profile.
- Class 5 Power Engineering Certificate.
- Requires specific knowledge including the ability to maintain clean and sanitary facilities through the use of cleaning skills and tools.
- Class 5 Driver's License.
- WHMIS Training/Certification.
- Effective basic knowledge of carpentry, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Moderate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commercial cleaning skills.
- First Aid, CPR Certification.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health regulations.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
Permanent CUPE employees presently on staff will be given first consideration.
Salary AS PER COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT.
Employment will be subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check completed within the four months preceding the date of application with results satisfactory to the Brandon School Division.
Brandon School Division will give consideration to gender equity, visible minorities, indigenous ancestry, and persons with disabilities. The Brandon School Division thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMPORTANT: Public Health Orders into effect as of November 20th prevent one from having anyone inside their home who is not a resident with limited exceptions that include delivery of items and some essential services. More details on current orders are at this link. The Province has asked that residents stay home unless it is essential to leave. If deeming that a classified transaction is essential, ensure that purchases and exchanges are conducted consistent with present public health orders and safe with critical priority on distancing and mask usage.
Brandon School Division
1031-6th Street, Brandon
Posted Tuesday, October 27, 5:20 PM
Expires in 2 days (Friday, November 27)